Thursday, March 19

juggling

3 things.

1. renovations to the cafe in april are more than likely to be delayed until we can get finance, millwork designed and built, an electrician and a plumber confirmed.  Not much then!  Two trades we had confirmed bailed on us and the millworker we did have lined up was decent enough to suggest they might be out of their league with the job in hand.  I have a very clear idea of what I want it is now down to the small issue of getting it to fit the budget.  A similar experience would be fitting 5 elephants into a mini (two in the front, two in the back and one in the trunk! ahem).

2. I'm riding to conquer cancer.  Not just me and I won't actually conquer cancer, but 200km of gruelling biking in The Rockies (!?!) will hopefully bring in enough sympathetic donations to achieve the rather challenging $2,500 target imposed.  Some might actually donate on the basis that they hope to never see me again... Either way, all donations welcome:  http://tinyurl.com/df2lx7

3. we're pregnant!  Julie is technically past the requisite 3 month period and we are allowed to announce her status.  It has not in the slightest sunk in yet by the very fact there is no real obvious difference in Julie's physical state.  Apart from Julie having loads more sleep than normal (it's like traveling the world again), I honestly don't feel the imminency of the situation.  I am an excellent fretter and a great panic-button professional so it will be interesting to see how I do as the time nears.  Terribly probably, but I am so excited to be a dad.  Any tips anyone?  Useful ones please.

No comments: