Monday, June 15

Ch ch ch ch changes...

we're two and half weeks away from closing up shop for reno's.  Appliances are on order and I've accepted quotes from plumbers/ electricians and millworkers.  Money's been spent and there's no turning back!

The aim is to be closed for six days, during which time we'll literally rip out the old kitchen and replace it with something bigger and far smarter.  The designs I inserted in my previous post are fairly accurate with some minor but important tweaks.

All this is stressing me out but I am also really excited.  I'll bore you senseless if I discussed the minute details on the blog of every change so instead you'll just have to visit the cafe after July 11th!

In addition to the changes, we're revamping the menu.  We're going to be a little more dynamic and have seasonal menus so that we can suit the mood of our customers as well as the seasons of the produce.  On weekends, we'll be offering brunch options and some tasty sugary delights!

Another exciting element is the new patio we're working on.  My father-in-law, Reg, is leading this project and he hopes to have it done in time for the re-opening.  Reg was instrumental in the first wave of renovations we did when we took over the cafe (if you want to see how far we've come already, check this out!: http://tinyurl.com/lhlhas)

To add to the fun, the week prior to closing I'll be in Calgary cycling 200km over two days having raised $2,500 for cancer charity.

One day, I might fancy doing nothing for a change....

No comments: